ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Key member of the US executive team, leading all aspects associated to the finance function for all the ALS businesses in the U.S.
Expected to lead finance transformation process, including implementation of financial processes and controls, roll-out of new ERP in the US to be deployed by ALS in 2019, and building of strong financial team to support the business.
The Controller is also a key partner to business leaders, supporting them in the understanding and measurement of business drivers through KPIs implementation, in the preparation of financial analysis and planning (budget, forecasts and strategic planning).
Leads a team of 22 employees (Including finance, procurement, payroll and benefits).
ALS Corporate Responsibilities
Financial Controller has the following duties:
- Provides support to US Businesses leaders and Group CFO, as required including proactive financial analysis to help to manage the business by identifying trends, risks and opportunities, and drive/track strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial reporting of the U.S operations.
- Drive the financial planning analysis process. (Budget, forecast and strategic planning).
- Oversee the operations of all finance functions, including the design of an organizational structure and robust process and controls implementation in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable and Tax areas.
- Leads and manages the month end closing process for the assigned business unit(s).
- Coordinate all work and interaction with external auditors for annual audit processes.
- Lead credit and collection management process for the business, driving continuous improvement in Cash Generation.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage financial systems and related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance, and current CPA
- 15+ years of finance and accounting experience in a high-volume industrial or business services environment, including 10 or more years in a management role.
- Worked in a lead position in the implementation of ERP projects (functional lead or finance manager as part of ERP implementation project).
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding, and matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex accounting processes and employ effective auditing/ drill down capabilities.
- Ability to obtain, organize and analyze data, and utilize to develop and implement processes to drive efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Recognized leadership and people development skills.
- Experience in change management financial related projects and projects linked to financial process and controls definition and implementation.
- Ensure business is conducted in accordance with Core Values:
Honesty and Integrity
Exceeding Client Expectations
Belief in Our Ability
Hard Work and Continuous Improvement
Doing it Better
Safety as a Priority
- Ensure Quality Systems are adhered to in performance, review, and reporting of laboratory duties and communicate all quality issues.
- Support Quality Department and Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Employees commit to improving the ALS experience through effective communication.
Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follow all company operating procedures, standards, policies, and training to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the site.
- Play an active role in the ALS safety program by correcting or reporting unsafe acts and conditions that are observed during day-to-day operations to create a zero-injury work environment.
- Participate in and support HSE initiatives, as required by ALS leadership.
- Ensure the health and safety of staff, contractors, and/or visitors by providing appropriate leadership, due diligence, resources, training, and enforcement for all individuals onsite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Excel, Access, and Adobe Acrobat). Advanced capabilities with Excel and ERP systems (Oracle is a plus) required.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Associated topics: controller, director finance, financial director, general manager, general operations manager, operation, operational manager, president, recruit, supply