Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Presents recommendations to management based on analysis completed personally or by others who the incumbent may supervise. * Prepares at least one financial statement or public report (balance sheet, statement of cash flows, etc.). * Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial reports, and budget analysis. * Produces timely, accurate and reliable financial information, including preparation of P&L, balance sheets, and group consolidations. * May post accruals/prepayments, reconcile intercompany accounts, P&L and balance sheet accounts, manage & control the fixed asset register, capital expenditure controls & reporting, produce monthly consolidation reporting pack, produce statutory accounts, compute corporate tax (in conjunction with tax function) and/or analyze cost center reporting. * Reviews the work of and trains (formally or informally) less senior staff on financial compliance issues. * May supervise day-to-day work of lower level employees, but will not typically have formal management role.
* Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration). * 5 or more years of related work experience required. * Broad knowledge of accounting practices/principles and preparation of strategic recommendations to management. * Proficiency in MS Excel application and functions.
* CPA, MBA or other financial certification.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered. * Must be 18 years of age or older. * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization. * Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.