Brilliant has been engaged in a search for a Tax Associate, for our client located in the Loop. This company is a full-service public accounting firm, specializing in the securities and futures industry. They are comprised of CPAs and MBAs that have vast experience in the industry, and place great value in their employee s time and efforts. The Tax Associate need is on a contract-to-hire basis, and the ideal candidate would be able to interview immediately and start shortly thereafter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accumulate, analyze, and process financial accounting data in order to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax
- Prepare and file federal, state and local tax returns for partnerships and individuals
- Assist the Tax Senior and Tax Manager with gathering information and drafting a response for various IRS and state notices received by our clients
- Gather financial information and prepare tax filings for various reporting requirements (Form 1099-MISC, Form 1042, and FBAR filings)
- Understand and research basic tax concepts and their application to client situations
- Bachelor s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA Certification a plus
- 2+ years professional tax experience with an emphasis on hedge fund/private equity
- Experience with CCH Pro System FX preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested, please apply immediately.