This position requires working knowledge of the agency structure, human resource and administrative policy and procedures. Functions as Receptionist for the hospice and courteously greets all customers / co-workers, whether in person or on the phone. Uses initiative to find opportunities to assist the Office Manager in the accurate and timely completion of numerous clerical tasks.
* Answers multi line phone system, directs calls or takes messages.
* Reviews timesheets for accuracy and completion. Maintains the flow of information to the Corporate office for purposes of billing, payroll, accounting, and HR.
* Possesses knowledge of company personnel policies and benefits. Assists Office Manager to assure all personnel files, for staff and volunteers, are maintained properly.
* Assists Office Manager in the Orientation of all new employees to company benefits and assists employees with questions regarding payroll, benefits, and insurance, as requested.
* Assists Office Manager in the preparation of various statistical reports.
* Maintains an appropriate level of office supplies, medical supplies, and forms.
* Assists Office Manager in timely preparation of patient medical records.
* Cross trains with the Office Manager to ensure all key tasks continue uninterrupted when the Office Manager is away from the office.
* A high school graduate or equivalent with current MS Office computer software experience (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ability to accurately type 60 wpm.
* Clerical / secretarial experience, preferably in the medical field with knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to effectively communicate with medical personnel and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Must be assertive, have problem solving skills, and be able to prioritize completion of job duties. Must have the ability to accept supervision and follow instructions.
* Must be well organized, neat, accurate and have good attention to detail. Ability to follow established procedures and to suggest changes for smoother operations.