At the Highest level, Catholic Hospice Employees must (a) be committed to Hospice philosophy and mission and (b) provide outstanding customer service, aligned with the Customer Service Guidelines, to both internal and external customers. Additionally, be able to promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Hospice and those required by law. The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Finance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Accurately prepare complex accruals, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Ability to research and apply fundamental accounting theories and concepts under US GAAP.
- Prepare schedules and documentation for external audits, internal control audits and various other regulatory audits.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, which includes interacting with equipment leasing companies, facilitating leasing documentation and interactions with various departments.
- Identify and implement process improvements to help reduce time to close, improve upon accuracy of underlying accounting records and enhance internal controls.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and medical documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the Healthcare industry. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, referral sources or patients and caregivers.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 3-4 years' experience.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently
- Proficient in Word and Advanced in Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Ability to function as a team player.