Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.What will I be doing?
As the Analyst for Hotel Accounting, you will perform accounting, reporting, compliance, budgeting, and forecasting. Your role will also include owner relations and support activities for assigned hotels within the Centralized Hotel Accounting team. Your expertise in these functions will lend to your duties in preparing and posting key closing entries for your hotels, ensuring proper GAAP accounting. As you perform budgeting and forecasting for your key accounts, you will oversee compliance standards and reporting of results with recommendations for improvement.
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Perform monthly closing and post-closing activities such as financial statement variance reviews, balance sheet reconciliations, and wire transfers. You will document and address any issues that arise throughout the closing and post-close period.
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts and analyze cash positions as it relates to cash needs. You will communicate with parties on any cash-related concerns, including providing owner reporting when requested.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved. Examples of third-parties include but are not limited to outsourcing providers, auditors, valuation specialists, and software vendors.
- Review Managed and Franchise agreements while implementing the set-up and maintenance of internal controls. This includes SOX compliance.
- Report and explain results to others, ensuring an understanding of the outcomes.
- Collaborate with your manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals.
- Develop cooperative and positive relationships with other finance and corporate departments.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
We are looking for dynamic teammates who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - including the use of logic and reasoning - to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Decision makers who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent written and comprehension skills.
- Self-starters who take initiative, are comfortable operating with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- One to three (1-3) years of relevant Analytical work experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Three (3) years of relevant Analytical experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!