MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with strong work ethic, desire to work closely with fixed income industry professionals, and ability to think outside the box? Wealth Management Professionals support all portfolio management and trading aspects of our fixed income business from an operational and account management standpoint. The team is seeking professionals with an understanding of fixed income markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing the ongoing operational aspects of the Private Wealth Management municipal bond business.
The FICC Solutions Group is a global team within Private Wealth Management (PWM) focused on providing PWM clients with customized solutions in the fixed income, currency and commodity (FICC) markets. With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, FICC Solutions offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. The team develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers. A Wealth Management Professional in FICC Solutions will provide support to the portfolio managers and sales teams in the implementation of new client accounts, trade execution, liquidity management and ongoing servicing of existing clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Leverage your operational background and experiences to contribute to a growing business
- Enhance your business acumen for municipal bond market dynamics as it pertains to account management and client servicing
- Work with a team to identify and implement strategic enhancements to the PWM municipal bond business
- Serve as key liaison to other areas of the Firm that support FICC Solutions
- Develop relationships with sales teams throughout regional offices across the Americas
- Create, maintain, and monitor key business metrics and analytics across the platform
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the Americas and clients actively involved in the FICC Solutions municipal bond business: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Domestic and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of prior experience in municipal bond trade support preferred, but not required
- Work collaboratively with other Wealth Management Professionals to serve as primary support for operational needs
- Process and reconcile trades on a daily basis, including booking and trade settlement
- Manage all administrative aspects of client onboarding process for managed account strategies
- Record of academic and professional achievement
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Demonstrated interest in financial, economic and global capital markets
- Strong analytical and communication (oral and written) skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Successful completion of Series 7, 52 and 63 exams required within three months of starting at the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
CIMD - PWM, FICC Solutions Group - Wealth Management Professional - Analyst