MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Urban Investment Group
The Urban Investment Group (UIG) is a principal investing and lending business aligned with the Special Situations Group within the Securities Division. UIG seeks to drive 'double bottom line' results by deploying the firm's capital in communities across the United States, generating both financial return and social impact. UIG is a multi-asset class investing and lending business that invests, largely through public-private partnerships, in the creation and preservation of affordable housing, jobs, neighborhood serving commercial property, and socially minded enterprises that benefit underserved populations and places. UIG also manages GS Bank USA's Community Reinvestment Act program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Producing asset management performance review models and reports, involving project benchmarks, cash flows, and collateral monitoring.
- Aiding coordination of asset management reviews with the business and working with Federation teams (e.g. Controllers Credit, Tax, Compliance) to manage risk
- Driving portfolio outcomes by managing individual assets and helping oversee asset management performed by third party teams within other divisions
- Producing business plans and budget forecasts and generating and evaluating daily P&L
- Performing portfolio analysis related to returns and risks (eg. stress testing, portfolio return drivers, etc) and helping execute strategies that improve bottom-line performance
- Helping drive initiatives to enhance business infrastructure
- Producing a range of management reports for internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and accounting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientation and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments
- Basic understanding of real estate transactions
- Demonstrated interest in UIG's mission and investment strategy
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different backgrounds
- Minimum 1 year of experience in technical, accounting, risk management or business role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Urban Investment Group, Finance and Portfolio Management Team, Analyst
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, examiner, guidance, investment analyst, investment banking, refinement