The Senior Financial Analyst - Consolidations & Systems will partner with the Global Finance Function, the IT Center of Excellence (COE) and the Group Financial Reporting team in a critical role ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of our close process. This position requires frequent interaction and communication with Corporate officers, global finance personnel as well as internal and external auditors.
* Serve as the accounting lead that partners with the COE to ensure our Financial Systems are working correctly, are efficient and well controlled
* Owns the JD Edwards and HFM systems from an accounting perspective. Activities include maintenance of company structure, BU's, the global chart of accounts, currencies, translation rules and validates the accuracy of information contained in these systems through the observation of internal controls
* Provide guidance to key subsidiaries around the world on account mapping, reporting and consolidation issues
* Consolidate results in HFM in accordance with US GAAP including the generation of adjusting and eliminating journal entries.
* Assistance with the preparation, consolidation, analytical review and delivery of the worldwide consolidated financial statements including Consolidated P&L, Divisional P&L's and Consolidated Balance Sheet.
* Oversight of components of the monthly close process to monitor progress against our close schedule and ensure compliance with our Internal Control (SOX) mechanisms.
* Provision of ad hoc project support to various Finance functions and personnel from time to time
* With an understanding of financial reporting needs, participate in the efforts to enhance our Finance-IT operating model and contribute ideas to enhance our processes.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
* CPA certified or eligible
* At least (3) three years of public accounting experience focused on accounting, auditing, and/or reporting (including SEC registrants)
* Understanding of the challenges related to Consolidation accounting in a multi-currency environment (i.e., cumulative translation adjustment)
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including executive presence.
* Knowledge of JD Edwards, SAP and Hyperion HFM
* Intellectually agile enough to be comfortable in participative problem-solving environments with executive and other senior management
* Self-starter, able to work independently and lead others
* Results oriented with strong attention to detail
* Career focused, self-motivated, and energetic with a strong work ethic
* Supportive, positive attitude and approach to work
* Candor, impeccable honesty and integrity
Associated topics: analyst, analyze, business analytic, consult, inspect, investment analytics, market, monitor, refinement, strategy