LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Senior/Lead Fixed Asset Accountant will support the Global Process Leader of Fixed Assets in various initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the capital and fixed asset processes.
Located at LyondellBasell's headquarters in downtown Houston TX, the position is responsible for ensuring accurate, complete, and timely transactional processing with consistent application of global accounting procedures (in line with policy). Transactional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Capital vs. Expense fixed asset creation working directly with project managers, retirements, sales, transfers, capital project closure, resolving fixed asset issues globally, SAP implementation and testing in the asset and project systems modules, and preparing 10K disclosures.
- Deliver efficient and effective processes on behalf of all stakeholders.
- Participate in cross-functional teams representing process area to ensure appropriate implementation of agreed improvement solutions.
- Seek, provide, support and implement process improvement initiatives agreed to by the Process Leader.
- Provide resolution for global process issues. Encourage initiative and self-directed performance. Escalate unresolved issues.
- Deliver expectations and take appropriate actions to continuously meet expectations of customers and governance functions in provision of accounting services.
- Deliver to the expectations of the Process Leader in performing the respective processes ensuring tasks, activities and sub-processes are standardized and aligned across the team.
- Provide decision support and analysis to the Process Leader to ensure information/analysis provided is properly evaluated and supported.
- Bring suggestions and provide support to the Process Leader for tracking implemented performance indicators and metrics and explaining trends in performance.
- Perform SOX controls in accordance with internal control guidelines and maintain evidence of control for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 4 years' relevant experience, required.
- Finance Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIMA) is highly desirable.
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOX/404 requirements, preferred.
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of configuration, design and testing of SAP asset module and/or project systems module, preferred.
- Exposure to technical knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS accounting principles related to a wide variety of topics.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a metric driven environment, preferred.
- Experience of working with different international geographical regions, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Dedicated to driving continuous process improvements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure analytically and systematically.
- Ability to influence management decisions and behaviors that have an impact on process effectiveness.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r sum s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.