The McKesson Corporate Marketing & Communications team is looking for a Sr. Director, Finance Communications to lead the communications strategy for the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance organization. This senior communications professional will also support communications for the key areas that roll up to the Finance Organization, including the Sourcing & Procurement and Real Estate functions.
The Sr. Director, Finance Communication is accountable for setting strategic communications direction for the CFO and the senior Finance leadership. This person will support the Finance Operating Model transformation work as well as He/She will also oversee Technology Transformation, working closely with key leaders in the Finance organization and in the Transformation office. The individual should have a demonstrated track record of strong executive support and the ability to advise senior leaders on communications best practices. He/She will develop strong working relationships, take a consultative approach and act as a key advisor to members of the leadership team.
What makes a successful candidate for this role? You enjoy leading a team and understand how to work with Finance professionals. You are passionate about clear and human communications and despise jargon. You are a strong writer who can craft communications that clearly communicate complicated business finance issues ? making them digestible and interesting to McKesson?s employees and the public. You know when to inject humor and when to stick to business in your writing. You are results driven and take pride in executing flawlessly on projects small and large. Finally, you are a team player ? focusing more on ?us? than ?me.?
The Sr. Director of Finance Communications provides overall strategic communication planning and leadership for the CFO and the Finance organization. Executive and program communications, change management, employee engagement and culture play a significant role in this position?s areas of focus. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the communications strategy for the CFO and the Finance organization, providing counsel to CFO on communications to build his/her brand and increase employee engagement.
- Drafts and executes communication plans (executive, function, transformation.
- Manage Finance All-Hands events, which typically include four, quarterly meetings in addition to timely or specific events such as location-based announcements, Employee Opinion Survey all-hands meetings, employee engagement events, etc.
- Provide support for key Finance events including DevFest (bi-annual career development event) and the FinanceRx Awards (annual enterprise-wide Finance function award program).
- Manage communications for organizational announcements, leadership changes, timely company/business updates, etc.
- Develop key communications materials including internal emails, newsletters, articles, videos, intranet updates and presentations.
- Lead communications strategy for the McKesson 2021 Finance-related programs including the Spend Smart program and the Finance Transformation.
- Work with Finance senior leadership team and key function areas of focus, including procurement and Real Estate.
- Coordinate with other Executive Committee and Business Unit communication leads to ensure unified messaging and information sharing.
- Leverage channels as appropriate (intranet, internal social media channel, digital signage, email, etc)
- Work with public relations team to identify proactive opportunities for the company, CFO and Finance function. Partner with PR team on reactive/crisis communications as needed.
- Determines and tracks metrics as needed to just success/effectiveness of Finance communications activities, both externally and internally.
- ?Degree or equivalent experience. Typically has 13+ years of professional experience and 6+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience).
- 12+ years communication experience (mix of internal, executive, program, etc.)
- Strong communicator with strong writing and verbal communication skills. You able to quickly deploy communications and adapt to tone of audience
- Executive presence: You understand how to work with c-suite and other senior leaders. You are skilled at crafting a comprehensive communication strategy that helps drive employee engagement, educates employees on business conditions, and helps them understand and anticipate organizational change.
- Business mindset: able to understand the business and financial conditions and link Finance and enterprise strategy
- Change management: demonstrated experience in articulating the business case for change, evaluating change readiness, building and executing stakeholder plans and transition activities, and managing sustained change and transition
- Consulting skills: able to tailor his/her communication style to work well with stakeholders at all levels in the organization; effective at influencing, facilitating, and problem solving
- Leveraging data and technology: Able to effectively identify, utilize and present data in a way that facilitates evidence-based decision-making
- Demonstrated people leader (management) skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with supporting functions through significant enterprise transformation efforts
- Experience working with Finance professionals
- Change management experience preferred
- Experience in a large, complex, matrixed organization
- PR background a plus
- Strong soft skills: Be a strong team player, flexible, able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to operate a laptop
- 30% travel
Internal Use Only
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: chief financial officer, finance director, financial director, general operational manager, operation, organizational culture, president, president finance, senior director, supervise