Now Hiring FT General Ledger Accountant!
We are seeking a full-time GL Accountant for our support center! This position is responsible for general ledger accounting and related activities of assigned managed communities, including financial reporting, special analysis projects, maintaining compliance with all regulatory standards, and communicating with executives on all appropriate matters.
- Process general ledger transactions and financial reporting associated with company business in a timely manner.
- From time to time, train Business Office Managers in the field on procedures, timelines, and proper record keeping as it relates to financial statement preparation. Help administer the policies and procedures outlined by the Controller and/or managing company.
- Review billing and collection data for assigned managed communities and monitor the proper execution of Collections policy as it relates to recording bad debts. No bad debt write-offs may occur without approval by an officer of the managing company.
- Perform special projects related to accounting, finance, and reporting from time to time as requested by the executives.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming obstacles, take actions that assist others beyond job responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred in Accounting or Business.
- Must have proven financial statement preparation abilities.
- Minimum three years' experience in property management, real estate, or multi-entry, multi-state reporting environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Sage ACCPAC, QuickBooks Enterprise, Peachtree Accounting and ADP or equivalent software preferred.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen; including marijuana.
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to secure your interview for this exciting opportunity!