Function as a key member of the Treasury team assisting in projects and assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Manage cash flow and forecasting
* Make cash funding recommendations
* Perform opening and closing of accounts
* Administer Online Banking Portals
* Manage online user access and spreadsheets
* Maintain accurate listing of all bank accounts
* Process dividend payments and ensure for proper accounting
* Manage monthly closing processes
* Implement audit schedules
* Provide audit with treasury related documentation annually
* Conduct account analysis, and identify and report trends, risks, and discrepancies
* Prepare and maintain bank fees spreadsheet and various monthly reports
* Assist treasury manager as requested
* Manage treasury related special projects
* Manage Credit Card Processor relationship
* Assist with bank account transition during mergers and acquisitions
* Supervise daily activities of Treasury personnel
* Assist with Treasury Management System Implementation, Training and Daily use
* Assist with Custody Account openings/closings, Trust Agreements and online user access
* Initiate ACH/Wire cash transfer requests and ensure proper support and confirmation are provided
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 4+ years of experience in finance or accounting
* Experience and knowledge with cash flow management and general accounting
* Must be able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding attention to detail and eagerness to learn and take on new initiatives
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
* 4+ years in a corporate treasury environment
* Experience creating financial reports
* Experience posting and creating daily journal entries for a variety of accounts
* Extensive experience with reconciliation software and Advanced Excel abilities
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) ###-####.
Associated topics: analyst, bi, business, business analyst, business analytic, business systems analyst, examiner, inspect, investment analyst, investment fund