Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong \"Hospitality\" culture. Our organization has over 850 employees and serves 92,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Staff Accountants are responsible for accurate reporting, recording, and reconciliation of financial statement and supplemental data, for ensuring that accounting processes and specific entries are correct, ensuring the accurate reporting of the financial statements, supplemental data, and any data prepared by the Finance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
* Reconciles, analyzes, prepares journal entries and ensures that transactions are accurate, recorded properly, and balance to include balancing and agreement of data to external accounting systems for all assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, and FASB. Ensures the process for recording supplemental accounting ledgers results in transactions being recorded correctly and accompanying documentation is thorough and accurate and posted in the correct time period.
* Maintains capital budget and monitors expenditure activity. Makes all corresponding fixed asset journal entries in an accurate manner.
* Ensures that supplemental ledgers such as Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll are reconciled and confirmed prior to recording entries in the financial statements.
* Prepares audit work papers, ensuring accuracy and compliance with various external requirements in conjunction with the Senior Accountants, Director of Finance and/ or VP review.
* Assists in the preparation of the 990, FFR, Cost Reports, financial sections of grant applications, UDS Report, and other grant budgets.
* Prepares grant accounting to include budget preparation, based on program design, completing the funder's submission requirements and preparing grant implementation reports for leadership and the funder(s).
* Identifies and trends any areas of concern and brings to the attention of management for resolution and assurance of financial statement integrity.
* Ensures financial information is prepared in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, FASB and other standards.
* Ensures supporting documentation and the logic of entries are defensible prior to sharing the information outside the Finance Department. Reports and resolves any high risk accounting areas to ensure the integrity of the accounting records.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
* Enhances the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, department performance improvement activities and goals. Makes suggestions for performance improvement.
* Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
* Treat everyone with respect and embrace cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
* Ensure responsible stewardship of the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
* Strive to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 2 to 3 years of directly related experience in accounting or finance. Healthcare accounting, non-profit accounting, budgeting, and supplemental accounting systems (AP, AR, Fixed Assets) experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Degrees obtained outside of Accounting must exhibit significant coursework completed in Accounting; Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Computer skills required - Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; highly proficient in accounting systems and related programs, 10 key by touch. Ability to learn and adapt to new software. Preferred experience - ADP, NexGen, Dynamics SL and FRX.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand and walk, experience occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. The employee will be looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, and hearing is required within normal range.
* Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.