Accounts Receivable Director
- This position is charged with the responsibility to plan, organize and carry out the overall functions of the Accounts Receivable Director in accordance with applicable law, and as directed by the administrator and controller.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way implies that the position description is all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them if situations arise that fall under your cognizance and require your action.
- The Accounts Receivable Director manages the billing, accounts receivable and collections function for 8 Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Assumes leadership for billing and collections for all reimbursement including Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Private Pay and Managed Care.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines in a changing environment
- Knowledge of Point Click Care.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, company personnel, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ensure timeliness of billing and collection.
- Facilitate movement of necessary billing paperwork:
- Census reconciliation
- Lab, radiology, oxygen, therapy, and all other third-party invoices are received timely and reconciled by the facility nursing department.
- MITs and Level of Cares
- Point person on family and resident questions regarding private pay collections.
- Ensure the facility is collecting Patient Liabilities and completing representative payee forms whenever possible.
- Look up resident balances and answer basic resident questions when asked
- Print statements when a duplicate is required by the family or resident
- Develop relationships with key third-party payor (Medicaid, Medicare, third party insurance plans) to assist in the effectiveness of collecting problem claims and working out systematic claims problems.
- 5+ years of accounts receivable, billing and cash collections experience in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Must be familiar with Point Click Care software
- Experience in Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, private insurance reimbursement
- Experience with Medicaid application process and resident trusts (QIT).
- Relevant supervisory experience
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance or other business degree preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to make decisions and recommendations.
- Must safeguard the confidentiality of resident records and promote resident rights as outlined in the State and Federal regulations at all times.
- Must report errors and findings immediately