The Staff Accountant will assist with day-to-day accounting responsibilities by providing financial information to management, researching and analyzing accounting data, preparing reports, and confirming compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Account reconciliations and other accounting-related functions
- Reconciles and resolves financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Executes month end close and prepares and consolidates financial statements.
- Coordinates year-end review or audit with outside Accounting Firm.
- Accounts payable/Accounts receivable.
- Retrieves data to update spreadsheets for various reports such as cash balance, account reconciliation, journal entries and month end reports.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Prepares daily cash and sales receipts.
- Maintains the General Ledger according to GAAP.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Works on special projects as directed by the Controller.
- Strong professional presence; proven ability to effectively deal with all internal and external customers of Practice Velocity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively multitask and meet short deadlines.
- High degree of analytical skills.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business or other related field.
- At least three (3) years of business accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and general Microsoft office products.
- Good working knowledge of MAS 90/200 and QuickBooks a plus.
All team members at Practice Velocity must be:
- Team player
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win!
See job description