The employer is from ELECTRONICS sector.
- Provide leadership and develop Contracts personnel with skill sets necessary to ensure the business delivers on current contracts and is optimized to support business development and capture activities in support of new business capture and partnership goals.
- Supervise and oversee the contracts group in implementing the negotiation, administration, and termination of prime contracts, subcontracts to external Primes, and cooperative agreements.
- Ensure appropriate management of contracts, subcontracts with external Primes, and cooperative agreements so that approvals, extensions, modifications, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are coordinated and handled promptly and appropriately.
- Advise and facilitate compliance with acquisition and federal contracting regulations including but not limited to the FAR/DFARs, GSAR, commercial laws, regulations, and other applicable guidelines. Issue internal guidance and maintain currency of company policies based upon regulation changes to same.
- Lead and manage contracts managerial and professional staff through supervision, mentoring, and providing career development and training opportunities.
- United States Citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to another country. No foreign passports, work visas or Green Card Holders.
- Bachelors Degree relating to government contracting, contract law, or related discipline
- Extensive current knowledge of the FAR/DFARS and other bodies of law affecting government contracts including but not limited to GSAR, Service Contract Act (SCA), cooperative grants and CRADAs.
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership contracts role in a federal contracting environment with a US Government Contractor.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a geographically dispersed team to provide performance coaching and guide employees' professional development.
- Candidate must be skilled in analyzing contracts for compliance and applicability, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects
- Exceptional working, organization, managerial, interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills.
- Negotiation and administration experience with regulatory agencies and government clients.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, legal affairs, legal department, llp