Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Financial Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility.
Routinely, guides and facilitates cross functional teams. Teaches and mentors others in executing simple to moderately complex financial processes and analysis. Proven ability to use financial principles to solve complex business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense.
- Develops and leads team or process in delivery of financial forecasts/plans for a business area or function; guides team members and oversees implementation of forecasting/planning process and model improvement initiatives and business solutions.
- Prepares and guides team on recurring or ad hoc financial reports and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and provides insight for internal and external management decision-making.
Interprets complex financial information and recommends and implements solutions to key financial and operational opportunities.
- Contributes to achievement of business goals and objectives by delivering value added business decision support to customers and business partners across the organization.
- Leads product assignments, product pricing, product profitability and ad hoc analysis.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed, proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Interacts with senior management and company leadership, guides team and promotes innovation and productivity to support USAA's mission and operating state.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes and serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- If Bachelor's, 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If Master s, 4 years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience OR If 1 year of progress towards an advanced financial degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA designation, 4 years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with expense management and budgeting/forecasting
- Process improvement/design experience
- CPA or any other professional certification in finance
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/14/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: bi, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, financial analytic, forecasting, investment analytics, law, market, strategy